Regroup operates at the intersection of Technology and Healthcare. This multi-award winning organization provides telemedicine - specifically telepsychiatry and teletherapy services - across the USA wherever there is a need for behavioral health services. Our mission is to have a significantly positive impact on as many lives as possible. If you're excited by performing exceptionally valuable work in a high-speed, high-growth organization, and you have a track-record of success at the highest level, then we would love to hear from you.
Regroup is seeking a Manager of Clinical Accounts to manage Regroup deployments and support provider relationships. This includes working directly with partners to create processes, integrate Regroup providers and ensure the successful delivery of integrated mental health services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage relationship and delivery of services to Regroup accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Clinician Services Team and Director of Clinical Deployments to ensure success of every deployment
- Proactively own a multi-million dollar book of business
- Assess ongoing partner needs and provide exemplary service and management at all times.
- Manage check ins with partners to ensure success of each deployment
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise and coordinate clinician switches
- Mediate account and clinician issues.
- Work with Regroup’s sales team to grow and renew accounts
- Management of all operational and clinical issues, focus on customer satisfaction and longevity, responsible for escalating appropriate issues.
- Regularly present analysis of Clinical account activities to assess what’s working and what’s not; suggest new approaches, systems, resources, and documents.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Mental health experience preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills required
- A strong interest in impacting the future of behavioral health in the U.S.
- 3-5 years experience working with medical and/or mental health setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to manage complex conversations, over the phone, in person, via video conference, or in writing
- Understanding of financial relationships with carrying a multi-million dollar book of business
- Experience interacting with all levels of the organization including c-suite executives
- Experience in handling challenging discussions with important stakeholders, such as understanding and addressing areas of dissatisfaction or concern
- Excellent organization skills, time management and problem solving skills; the ability to juggle many tasks at the same time; strong attention to detail
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and diverse groups; Independent worker, self starter
- Exceptional computer skills with ability to pick up new applications quickly; Experience with Excel, Word, Google applications, and other internet-based software systems
- Competitive Salary
- Exceptional Benefits
- Very Generous PTO
- Rewarding Work
- Exceptionally Positive Culture
Regroup's mission is to ensure that all people are able to access high quality behavioral health providers when and where needed. We provide integrated behavioral health services via telehealth to the health care entities experiencing clinician shortages and/or seeking for a more flexible approach to behavioral health care delivery. This virtual staffing model allows for health care entities to provide badly needed behavioral health services to geographies and care sites that have long struggled to attract and retain in-person providers. Additionally, Regroup works with health entity customer to innovate the way that behavioral healthcare is delivered through alternative care models and technology-based tools and solutions. Regroup is a venture capital backed organization. Our office is located at: 4525 N. Ravenswood Ave., Chicago, IL. Regroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Get an idea of what it's like to work at Regroup by checking out our Glassdoor