InSight + Regroup is the leading and largest telepsychiatry service provider in the US with a mission to transform access to quality behavioral health care. InSight + Regroup serves hundreds of organizations and individuals in various settings across the continuum of care with its on-demand, scheduled services and direct-to-consumer (Inpathy) divisions. Given its size, diversity of services and extensive experience and expertise, InSight + Regroup is uniquely positioned to enable scalable telepsychiatry programs across the care continuum. As an industry thought leader, InSight + Regroup has helped shape the field, define the standard of care and advocate for improved telepsychiatry-friendly regulations. To learn more, visit www.InSightTelepsychiatry.com
This fast-paced position is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded individual who has interest in behavioral health, telemedicine and customer service. This position is largely responsible for the direction, planning, and coordination of all medical-related activities for the Scheduled Services and Inpathy line of business. The incumbent will report to Chief Medical Director for clinical and to the Chief of Clinical Operations for administration.
- Establishes and implements standards for medical practices and policies.
- Participates in the education of medical staff.
- Oversees all medical service activities, including recognizing and implementing service standards, supporting administration policies, resolving medical practice questions, planning clinician education, and researching and implementing current medical techniques and technologies.
- Works collaboratively with other areas including account management, clinician services, clinician recruiting and sales.
- Consults with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief of Clinical Operations (CCO) on medical and administrative problems affecting patient care.
Experience and Education
- Serve as the Medical Director for the Scheduled Services and Inpathy product lines, working closely with the product leaders.
- Assures that policies adhere to contractual obligations.
- Develop targeted education and training for and provide clinical guidance.
- Direct supervision and mentorship to psychiatry team.
- Provide guidance and direct support to sales team including participation in select sales meetings.
- Works closely with account management and clinician services to identify and/or resolve clinical issues.
- Provides clinical interviews for potential clinician new hires using established scoring and reporting system.
- Works part time clinical hours to maintain first-hand knowledge with the product
- Collaborates and supervises nurse practitioners as requested.
- Requires an M.D./D.O. and 5 to 10 years of experience in behavioral health.
- Background in telemedicine and clinical administrative experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be comfortable working with a remote team of clinicians.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees. Responsible for personnel actions including evaluation and hiring of telepsychiatry candidates, and performance management.
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function.
- Recommends policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Provides support and guidance to a team of Associate Medical Directors and clinicians.